Who can submit a photo online?
IU faculty, staff, and students who have never had an IU ID, including students attending a University sanctioned orientation, can submit a photo online.
NEW! Effective March 1, 2021, those eligible to submit a photo online are required to upload documentation verifying their identity (examples: driver's license, state ID, passport, military ID, and school ID). This gives the patron the option to have their CrimsonCard mailed directly to them if their address is within the United States.
Employees and students who already have a CrimsonCard, or other IU ID, must visit a CrimsonCard office to take a new photo when receiving a card.
Photo submissions must meet the following criteria to be accepted for official use on your CrimsonCard:
- Color photos only
- Must be current (taken within the last 6 months)
- Background must be solid, smooth, and white, light-colored, or gray
- Must be framed passport-style: forward-facing, head and top of the shoulders in frame
- Natural or neutral expression/smile
- Face must be centered with eyes and features clearly visible.
- No hats, caps, sunglasses, headphones, scarves, etc. (Religious head coverings are permitted)
- Photo must be.jpg (or .jpeg) file format
- 3 MB file size limit
- Photo must include only the person on the ID. No pets, friends, props, etc.
- Do not use any filters to alter the photo