All students, faculty and staff have a CrimsonCash account.
To begin using your CrimsonCash account for payment simply make a deposit or sign up for the Payroll Advance (IU full-time employees only) and/or Payroll Prepaid (IU full or part-time employees only) option(s).
There are a variety of ways to make a deposit to your CrimsonCash account. Visit the Making a Deposit page to learn about each option.
Students have the option to bill up to $1,750 per bursar term to their bursar account. If you are unable to bill a deposit to your bursar below are possible reasons why:
- You have already reached the $1,750 limit per bursar term.
- Your bursar account is past due.
- You are not registered for classes in the current bursar term. A bursar term is defined as a set of dates in which charges can be made to your bursar account for a particular semester. The bursar term ends just after the final bill for the semester is processed. Below are the bursar term dates for the upcoming semesters.
Fall 2019: July 18-November 20, 2019
Spring 2020: November 21, 2019-March 18, 2020
Summer 2020: March 19, 2020-July 15, 2020
Example: It is April 9, 2019, and you are currently enrolled in classes for the Spring term but not the Summer term. You try to bill a deposit to your bursar account and are denied. The reason for the denial is because, on March 20, 2019, the bursar term for the Spring semester ended and the bursar term for the Summer semester began. Because you are not registered for Summer classes, you are not able to bill a CrimsonCard deposit to the Summer bursar term.
Yes, anyone can make a deposit to a student's CrimsonCash account - parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends. Below are the steps:
- Click on the Make a Deposit button found on the homepage of crimsoncard.iu.edu
- Enter the student's 10-digit University ID number and either the student's last name or IU username.
- Type in the amount to be deposited and your email address
- Read and accept the Terms and Conditions
- Click Submit
- Click the Proceed to Pay button
- Select PayPal as your payment type. PLEASE NOTE: Selecting PayPal does not mean you must pay with a PayPal account. IU has partnered with PayPal to process credit cards. You will be prompted on the next screen to either log in to your PayPal account (if that is how you wish to pay) OR you may enter a credit/debit card number.
- Click Pay Now and you are done! The funds are instantly in the student's CrimsonCash account.
CrimsonCash can be used as payment both on and off campus at IU campuses statewide. Visit Who Accepts CrimsonCard for a complete list of participating vendors.
Click the Manage Your ID Card button found on the home page of crimsoncard.iu.edu and log in with your username and passphrase. You can then click on My Accounts located in the top menu bar. From here you will be able to see your balance(s) and transaction history.
Funds in your CrimsonCash account roll over semester to semester, year to year.
Please note, if your CrimsonCash account enters a dormant status, meaning the funds in the account have not been used for a period of 18 months, a $3 dormant account fee will be assessed to your account balance on the 27th of each month until your balance reaches zero ($0) or thirty (30) months passes. Additional information on the dormant account fee can be found in the Terms and Conditions.
If you believe there is a discrepancy with your transaction, you should address the discrepancy with the vendor. If you are unable to resolve the potential error with the vendor send an email to email@example.com and the CrimsonCard team will work with you and the vendor to resolve the issue.
To request a refund of your CrimsonCash account, simply complete the Request for Refund form. If you are unable to access the online form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your University email address requesting the closure of your account and the refund of the remaining balance. A $15 Closed Account Fee will be deducted from your balance prior to refunding.
Yes, eligible IU employees have two Payroll Deduct options to choose from. An employee can opt-in to one or both programs by logging in to their CrimsonCard account online at crimsoncard.iu.edu and clicking on the 'My Accounts' tab.
Payroll Advance is available to eligible full-time IU employees only. This option allows monthly paid employees to spend up to $150 per cycle using their CrimsonCard and biweekly paid employees up to $75 per cycle.
At the end of each cycle (a cycle mimics closely but not exactly the pay period cycle), purchases made are submitted to payroll and deducted from the employee's next paycheck.
Prepaid Deduct allows full-time and part-time employees to designate an amount to be taken from each paycheck and deposited into the CrimsonCash account. Funds can then be used anywhere CrimsonCard is accepted as payment.
The CrimsonCard may NOT be used for purchasing alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, e-cigarettes, lottery tickets, gift cards, money orders or travelers’ checks.
Deactivate your CrimsonCard immediately if it is lost or stolen. Deactivation can be done at any time by visiting crimsoncard.iu.edu, clicking on 'Manage My ID Card', then 'My ID Card' and lastly on the 'Deactivate' button. If your CrimsonCard is found, you can simply reactivate it by following the same steps as above and clicking on 'Active'.
General CrimsonCard Questions
The initial CrimsonCard for new Indiana University employees and students will be provided at no cost to the cardholder.
Yes, but since you are unable to come to a CrimsonCard office to get your photo taken, your CrimsonCard will not have a photo. To request a no-photo CrimsonCard simply complete the Request Form. Your no-photo CrimsonCard will be mailed out approximately 2-3 weeks after your initial request.
- You must be a distance learning or online student that is registered for classes in a current or upcoming term in order to receive a no-photo CrimsonCard.
- The address you provide on the Request Form must match the address that is listed in the IU Student Information System.
If your CrimsonCard is lost, stolen* or visibly damaged a $25 replacement fee will be assessed.
*For stolen CrimsonCards, a replacement card will be given at no cost if the cardholder provides an official police report (a case number will not suffice).
Accepted forms of payment include credit/debit card, Apple or Android pay and bursar billing for eligible students.
IU Printing Questions
CrimsonCard does not manage the printing process at IU. It is though heavily integrated into the printing process. Additional information about printing at IU can be found by visiting the IU Knowledge Base.
Credit for damaged or unprinted output is available upon request at most STC locations. As soon as possible after your loss, contact a consultant. If you are at IUB or IUPUI, contact a TCC consultant. At all other campuses, contact your campus Support Center. Refunds cannot be issued after the semester ends.
Refunds may be available for pages that are unacceptable due to printer or system error, system failure, or poor print quality, for example:
- Unacceptable output due to low toner
- Smudges on your printouts
- Wrinkles in your pages
- Incomplete print jobs due to system-generated errors or jobs cancelled at the printer
UITS cannot offer refunds for mistakes or output you did not expect, for example:
- Color mismatching
- Improper formatting
- Print jobs taken by other people before you retrieve them from the printer
- Jobs printed accidently or with too many pages
- Multiple copies printed by mistake
To check the balance of your IU Print allotment:
When you print, credits and funds will be deducted from your accounts in the following order (if applicable):
Prices for available print options vary by campus.
|Print option||IUB||IUPUI||Regional campuses|
|B&W letter (simplex, 8.5x11)||$0.04||$0.04||$0.04|
|B&W letter (duplex, 8.5x11)||$0.08||$0.08||$0.07|
|B&W tabloid (simplex, 11x17)||$0.08||$0.08||$0.08|
|B&W tabloid (duplex, 11x17)||$0.16||$0.16||$0.15|
|Color letter (simplex, 8.5x11)||$0.25||$0.25||$0.25|
|Color letter (duplex, 8.5x11)||$0.50||$0.50||$0.49|
|Color tabloid (simplex, 11x17)||$0.50||$0.50||$0.50|
|Color tabloid (duplex, 11x17)||$1.00||$1.00||$0.99|
Building Access Questions
The CrimsonCard Office does not manage or assign access at IU. A building coordinator is assigned to each building at IU and they are responsible for assigning access within their building(s). If your access is not working, contact the building coordinator to ensure that access has been assigned to your CrimsonCard.